- Size Guide
- Reviews (2)
Garmin ALPHA 200i + TT15 MINI Combo
Garmin ALPHA 200i + TT15 MINI Combo. GPS Dog Tracking E-Collar ComboMeet the new, sleeker, more feature-packed, more powerful Garmin Alpha:
- Larger 3.5″ sunlight-readable touchscreen display
- Three side buttons for even more versatility
- 16 GB of internal memory — 4X more memory than the Alpha 100
- Interactive global SOS alerts and two-way messaging via satellite
You get 30 days to train your dog RISK-FREE!
Learn more here — Steve.
What’s New in the Garmin ALPHA 200i + TT15 MINI Combo
The NEW Garmin Alpha 200i takes everything we love about the Alpha 100 and squeezes it into a sleeker package with even more features.
All the way back in 2012, Garmin gave us the best-selling Garmin Alpha 100: the first-ever Garmin GPS tracking collar combined with a Tri-Tronics remote trainer. For the first time, you could track and train your dog using one handheld and one collar with the added versatility of a touchscreen.
Now after all these years, Garmin gives us their second-generation Alpha handheld: the 200i.
- Bigger Screen: The Alpha 200i features a larger 3.5″ touchscreen compared to the Alpha 100’s 3″ screen, giving you more detail and better control.
- Three Side Buttons: In addition to the three front buttons carried over from the original Alpha 100, the new Alpha 200i adds three side buttons for improved usability.
- More Internal Memory: The Alpha 200i has 16 GB of internal memory. That’s FOUR TIMES MORE than what was in the original Alpha 100. More memory means more detailed maps, more dog data, and more functionality.
- Compass Pro View: In addition to your dogs, you can now see the direction and distance to your truck and your friends’ Alpha handhelds on the Compass Screen.
- Built-in InReach Technology: The Alpha 200i has a built-in InReach communicator, so in an emergency you can send interactive SOS alerts and two-way messages via the 100% global Iridium satellite network from anywhere in the world with no cellular service needed (satellite subscription required).
Some other cool new features of the Alpha 200i include:
- Preloaded TopoActive Maps
- Directly download BirdsEye satellite imagery to your Alpha
- Barometric Altimeter
- Hunt Metrics Data shows each dog’s hunting patterns and behaviors so you can keep them healthy and safe
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore App and Website for managing tracks, routes, and waypoints, as well as reviewing statistics from the field
The TT15 MINI GPS Collar is designed for very small hunting dogs that have trouble wearing the larger, standard TT15 collar.
It’s a great choice for beagles, squirrel dogs, smaller flushing and pointing breeds, and terriers.
It weighs only 7.5 oz. and will fit dogs with a neck size as small as 9.5 inches. It is the exact same size and design as the Garmin PRO Trashbreaker collar.
Just like the standard TT15, the MINI also has a top-mounted GPS antenna but with a shorter mount to fit smaller dogs better.
While the MINI TT15 was built with smaller dogs in mind, it can be comfortably worn by larger dogs.
The only issue with larger dogs wearing the MINI TT15 is the GPS antenna is not going to be in the ideal location. If your dog’s neck is 16″ or over, it will end up on the side of his neck instead of on top.
Perfect for Puppies
I recommend the MINI collars for anyone with young dogs. I always have a puppy or two around, and the regular Alpha collars are a bit much for them. The MINI collar is perfect for that young pup.
I really like the look and feel of the MINI collars, but they may not be right for you.
This collar is intended for small dogs. To reduce the collar size, Garmin had to sacrifice two vital features of any tracking collar — Battery Life and Range.
- When set to a 2.5 second update rate, the MINI collar has a 16-hour runtime vs. a 24-hour runtime on the regular TT15 collar. 16 hours may be long enough for most hunting trips, but more battery life never hurts. Few things are as useless as a tracking and training collar with a dead battery.
- The MINI collar has a line of sight range of only 4 miles vs. the 9 mile range of the regular TT15 collar.
- The MINI TT15 costs the exact same amount as the regular TT15, so there is no cost savings.
In my opinion, if your dog has a neck size over 14 inches you should stick with the regular TT15 collar.
A dog of this size can easily carry the weight of the regular TT15 collar (10 oz.), and the additional battery life alone is reason enough to opt for the regular collar.