- Size Guide
- Reviews (0)
NOTE: NOT compatible with the Astro 430/320/220 or Alpha 100. Only for use with Astro T9 collars.
The Garmin Astro 900 handheld contains top-notch features such as a high-sensitivity GPS / GLONASS receiver, long battery life, a bright sunlight readable color display and a rugged IPX7 waterproof exterior.
This unit also offers automatic routing with turn-by-turn directions.
The Garmin Astro 900 has 1.7 Gigabytes internal memory as well as a micro SD card slot (max. 32 GB class 10 or less) so you can add pre-programmed data cards with detailed maps such as TOPO, Inland Lakes, BlueChart and City Navigator, or add more memory by installing a blank MicroSD Card.
- GPS + GLONASS satellite reception for better tracking in challenging environments
- Track up to 20 dogs from one handheld with update rates as short as 2.5 seconds
- High visibility orange casing
- Hunt Metrics dog performance data shows distance traveled, time afield and more
- Dog Notifications tell you when your dog is “treed” or “on point”
- Built-in TOPO U.S. 100K mapping, southern Canada mapping, and a free 1-year Birdseye Satellite Imagery subscription
- Barometric altimeter and 3-axis electronic compass
- Scratch resistant lens on the 2.6″ color 65.1K TFT display with backlit display and keypad
- Resolution: 240 x 160 pixels
- Weight: 9.2 ounces with batteries
- Battery life: 20+ hours using 2 AA batteries (not included)
- High Speed USB mini-B connector for data updates with a PC or Apple Macintosh
- Rugged IPX7 waterproof standards
- Quad helix GPS / GLONASS antenna
- Removeable VHF antenna
- Micro SD card slot (max. 32 GB class 10 or less) available for preprogrammed MapSource mapping detail such as US TOPO, Inland Lakes, BlueChart and City Navigator, or add more memory by installing a blank MicroSD Card
- Stores 1000 waypoints, 50 routes and 10,000 track points
- Area calculation feature
Garmin GPS units are waterproof in accordance with IEC 529 IPX7. An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes.